Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Time phlies when you're having pho-n.....

Vietnam is known for a lot of dishes. However, one of the most famous, which you have probably heard of, comes from our new territory: the North:

PHO
(fuhhhhh)


Pho Ga

We consumed a lot of Pho in DC, mostly because it's delicious. Tonight we had our first taste of Pho Ga(Chicken Noodle Soup) in Vietnam. We reunited with some friends from DC whose nanny prepared this for us tonight. It was delicious. I am continually blown away by the fresh herbs and the taste here!

We had a lovely dinner. It was one of those nights where you forget where time has gone. 


Dessert was pomelo slices--think grapefruit meets orange, so yummy. We may or may not have also had haagen daaz bars since their kids had shots today, so we benefitted from their bravery as well :)


I LOVE lilies. I wish there was smell-o-vision on the blog so you could experience this scent! It was lovely. I am hoping that our housekeeper<who starts tomorrow> can find me the same ones!

I am always excited for a time to use puns, tonight was one:
Time phlies when you're having pho-n....and that it did!

No comments:

Post a Comment