Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween and Housekeeping

When we knew we would be in Vietnam for Halloween, we grabbed some Waldo costumes last minute at Target(they were the ONLY adult costumes there) and were on our way. Little did we know; we were moving to a land of tailors, where almost everyone had their costumes made in a week or less.

We went to the Adult Halloween party on Saturday night, the drinks were flowing, the costumes memorable and the company fantastic!


Where in the world are Waldo and Wilma?


Hulk, Twisted Twister and a Stripper from the Midwest--er--a Cop


Gangnam Style!


Kim Jong Il and Gangnam Style


Hulk and Waldo


Gangnam and a SLUTTY Cereal Killer


Wilma and her BFF from Language class, the Sock Monkey


Sex Therapist Dr. Ophelia Cummings and her nurse


BEST bit of the party! Gangnam Style rendition with a guest appearance by Justin Bieber--this was CHOREOGRAPHED--amazing!


The fun didn't stop!


Waldo and our good friend Tetris


Cruella Deville, a dalmatian and many other Macarena Maniacs!

We had fun, but called it an early night and headed home early because my first BIG event: the Mission Halloween party. We were so excited, and my two colleagues and I rolled in early and got to work. After three hours, my supervisor called me and told me about Son-Tinh's impending wrath. We decided to postpone it until Monday night and went home. I am SO glad that we did--it was a MESSY, rainy, windy evening where we opted to hibernate and watch the West Wing.

This morning we headed to work in what looked like another wretched storm--However--we decided to go with the party and had it tonight. 

It. Was. SO. Fun.


Why this sign was in the "Halloween" decorations box, I have no idea! I thought it was funny though


The Haunted House: 
One of my proudest accomplishments of the night, 
My AMAZING husband managed it all night--he is the BEST!


More Haunted House; we had 3 monsters in there that are not pictured. Lots of screaming and a few tears, but there were also several smiles. A few kids tried to sneak back in for a second time.


Creepy...


The party in full force: We had around 300 people show up. 
I did not know that many cute kids existed! 
SO FUN!

We got home at around 8:30pm to our first home-cooked meal by our housekeeper. I was incredibly energized and still feel like I am bouncing off the walls. I really wish that she had told us what the dishes were called, they were simply amazing.


Clockwise; tofu/cilantro/tomato goodness, coriander/cumin rice, potato/spinach/onion/garlic/ginger deliciousness. Yes, deliciousness is a word.


In Vietnamese tradition: fresh fruit for dessert! Mango and Pineapple. YUMMMMM. 
This is a tradition I can get used to!

It was a great 48 hours. I love Halloween! I love our Housekeeper! I love my life!

I feel a lot like Jessica today:

No comments:

Post a Comment