Thursday, November 8, 2012

Apartment gecko sighting #1....


SHOUT OUT TO ONE OF MY FAVORITE MEN:

Any man can be a Father

but it takes someone special to be a dad.

-Anne Geddes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DADDIO!
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

It's just starting to be November 8th in Iowa, but my dad has been on my mind all day, 
I cannot wait to call him in a bit...

--ANYWAY--

Today started out a very good day......


GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!!!
Notice the blue sky and you can see the other lake: gorgeous!!!

We went our separate ways to work; yes, same Mission, different buildings, and came home happy and satisfied after another day at the "office." It was pretty average, we ate leftovers and chatted about the best part of our days. 

Then something happened...

Last night a sultry friend(yea, should out to YOU, you sultry blog follower!) of mine shared that as she was taking a bath last night a gecko fell into her tub. She was a tad mortified. I shared that I would be grateful just to have water that was warm enough in my apartment to take a bath in(this is a bit of a tragedy, if you knew me you know how much I love a good bubble bath). 

Or, at least, that's what I thought....

Then, as I was cleaning up the dishes and taking out the trash I went to tie the bag and saw something move inside it. I figured it was just a piece of carrot from the salad yesterday. Looking closer I realized that it was a little gecko scampering about the trash. It sounds adorable, I know, but for some reason it made my skin crawl. I tied the bag quickly(and loosely, so he/she could get out) but then tossed it in the stairway, where we dispose of our trash. 

I have seen mice in apartments and houses that I have lived in, I have seen cockroaches, and once at summer camp I woke up to see a bat fly in and land on a fellow camper. I didn't scream, I didn't jump, but for some reason this little orange gecko made me squeamish. 



No, this is not the gecko him/herself, only an image from geckoforums.net 
that closely resembled my visitor

I am going to pull the "I am sensitive because I am in transition from one country to another/culture shock" card because I have no idea why I reacted the way I did. I even surprised the Hubs. I am hoping that the next time I see him, as I know I will because my neighbors have frequent sightings, I will not be as freaked out.

On a sidenote, I had my first fitting of my Marine Corps Ball gown(last week was the measuring) and I am very pleased. Then I made Hubs try on his new tux and....

well, you will have to wait until next weekend. :)

I am signing off for a few days, have a great holiday weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment