Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Santa, Smoothies, and more of the Stove Saga:)

This past Saturday was our Mission Holiday Party. 
It was at the Deputy Chief of Mission residence, and a jolly good time; Santa made an appearance, there was cookie decorating and craft tables for the kids, the DCM's famous punch and spiced wine AND Christmas carols! It definitely helped me get into the holiday spirit:) 


Work of art: an entire Salmon
Turkey and Ham was also served


The craft and cookie table by CLO(my office) there are a lot of talented artists here!


The beautiful tree


Super Santa!


Me with Bad Santa
isn't he getting a little handsy? Yes, he apologized. 
Now I know why some of the kids were calling me "Santa's wife" and "Mrs. Claus"



Carols for everyone! 

It was a fun night. I am continuously amazed by what a great group of people that we are surrounded by.

On Sunday morning, I decided to try out the fabric market with some girlfriends. We made a day of it; fabric market, lunch and a movie. However, we had so much fun at the market that our lunch ended up being popcorn--we didn't even make it through HALF of it!



The view from the second floor of the fabric market


One of the stalls, I was a bit overwhelmed, but I bought some fun material


A corner in the fabric market, so many colors!


Another corner. The fun never ended! I bought enough fabric for two dresses, one shirt and a pair of pants for under $30! 

Now I just need my tailor to get working. Luckily she is coming over on Sunday to bring me my dresses for Hong Kong NYE. 

On Monday night I came home to another fabulous meal my Ms. H. She has not made us one thing twice yet!


Pho Ga
aka
Chicken noodle soup
Ms. H's version has MUCH more herbs which I LOVE


Tamarind Lemongrass clams that will rock your world, it rocked ours


I asked her to prepare less fruit for us and she did this instead: 
Coconut cream Mango Banana Passionfruit Smoothies! 
Mind=Blown

We are very well fed. 

Today an embassy colleague took me out to lunch at Bistro to talk about upcoming events. 



Mushroom and chicken soup


Prawn and Mixed Vegetable salad

It was good, but then our taxi driver took us for a RIDE on the way home. We made it back in time for work though, safe and sound.

Tonight I decided to tackle the stove once again, this time without the borrowed oven temperature gage from M. I think I checked on them every five minutes.....


and.....


TA-DA!!!! 
Now one of my favorite parts of Christmas has been realized in Vietnam: 
Grandma E's cinnamon rolls! 
Now I just need to make Grandma G's fudge and it will all be complete...

The Holiday Spirit is All Around!


I added a festive twist, we will see what Grandma E thinks about it
(she is an avid blog follower-Hi Gram!)

These are coming with me to work tomorrow, yes, I saved some for Hubs and I to have at home. We will see how quickly they go...and how many of my colleagues actually read this!

To conclude this post, I wanted to share with you an amazing light display video that my Yoma sent us:

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I am drooling from all those food shots and the lovely colors of the fabrics. The smoothie blew me away just in the idea of it. I want one of those!

    ReplyDelete