Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hodge-podge

This blog has no theme, except perhaps winter. It's a hodge podge of events, but I like the photos, so here goes:


Our housekeeper made Bun Thang; chicken, egg, mushroom and shrimp with noodles and a fish broth. Not my fave, but aok with chili sauce on top:)


Ew. Rainy Monday. It was so cold and took forever to get to work, can you IMAGINE driving to work on a scooter in THIS. 


Mopeds galore; I will one day get a good picture of the different kinds of raincoats, but for now, I will borrow from the internet:
From sourcingmap.com; the dual hood poncho: note the clear square in the front--this is for your scooter light, of course! I love it.




Today was our Management Section holiday party, we had International fare: 

Above: Chinese....


Indian....


Pizza and sodas!

I love my section, they are an awesome group of people:)


To sum up the hodge-podge of photos, I am posting a pic for my Gram(who didn't love the cinnamon roll frosting, btw): this is our tree in all her glory, WITH both Hubs and My ornaments from our childhoods with a few we have picked up in the last three Christmas seasons. 
If you look close, you can see that it's leaning forward a little bit. 
I think we will buy a bigger tree next year!
 ....and we will find a better space for it since our presents are starting to overflow...
Thanks everyone for sending us goodies! We are feeling the love!
To our parents: See, we promised we would wait until Christmas to open our gifts! 

Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. Nicole,
    I have been meaning to comment on your blog for a long time. I have been a long time resident of Hanoi (more than 18 years) and it gives me pleasure to hear your fresh take on my beloved city.
    Your restaurant comments are most useful and inspire me to experiment beyond my top 20 faves (one gets into a pattern!)
    Wishing you a splendid "tour" (is that what they call it?) here and the best of everything for you and your beloveds.
    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cam on nhieu! we LOVE Hanoi and I'd love to know YOUR top 20 restaurants! Cheers!

      Delete
  2. OK. Exaggaerating. Mayber top 10. Being a vegetarian has some limitation!
    1. Namaste (I'd say they are winning the Indian restaurant race- very consistent with quality-killer Sunday only south Indian lentil pancake)
    2. White Cloud (simple, "yogic" with beautiful brown rice; can practice mediatation during long wait time! NOT for when you have limited time.)
    3. DePaolo's ("real" pizza although recently a bit heavy handed with the cheese)
    4. Highway 4
    5. St. Honore
    6. Le Marrachech - remind them not to oversalt
    7. Khazana's
    8. Nang Tam (Trang Hung Dao)- one of the older vegetarian restaurants
    9. Bo De Tam - a newer veg restaurant
    10. Rose Garden pizzza at the Vine (worth the money!)

    :)

    ReplyDelete