Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ups and Downs

Today I came across this picture:


Its true. I forget that the downs are what make me appreciate the ups. We have been having a great time in Vietnam, but some days are good and some days are less than that. There is homesickness and culture shock and all of the other normal human emotions. Today I am feeling especially grateful for the downs of transitions, because the ups today felt WAYYYY UP!

Today we received our first care package/Christmas present. I emailed my mama a few weeks back and asked her to send me a couple ugly Christmas sweaters for a party next month. Knowing my mama, she always includes a little extra to make us smile....


American goods! WAHOO! 
I did not include pictures of the sweaters because I am going to wait until the party, but we DID get "Ugly sweater" branded coffee:)

It feels like Christmas today! 

I came home with a skip in my step and got inspired to cook. Our fridge has been packed since  Thanksgiving, so we have been on the leftover wagon. 
Therefore, I improvised with what we had in the fridge.


Chicken sausage in a bacon mushroom white wine sauce.....
with thyme, onions, garlic....


....and shredded gouda on top!

It was an afternoon of ups, which is what I need to remember the next time I am feeling down. 

Just like the shadow exists due to light, the downs and ups need one another as well. 
Let's just hope I remember that next time. 

Happy Tuesday everyone!



2 comments:

  1. It is a rollercoaster at times, no? Glad you had some bright moments to bring light to your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Care packages are the best!!! My mom-in-law sent us 4 boxes of food and we were sooo happy! Never realized how much I missed gushers until I didn't have them. It's the little things that make the days great!

    ReplyDelete