Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Holy Humidity Batman


As it sit here in my apartment, at 7:33pm Ha Noi time; I checked weather.com out of curiosity.

Temperature: 79 degrees

Humidity: 69%

Dew point: 68%

Current Condition: Haze

It's like this almost every day. We wake up, it's smoggy and humid., we come home, it's getting dark outside and humid. I cannot complain, and I am not; I am just shocked by the humidity--and this is after living in the DC swamp for 11 months. I know this is the month of gratitude for a lot of people, so I am dedicating this post to my dehumidifier.

Today I am grateful for my dehumidifiers. We have three of them. At the end of the day, I empty them and they collect a total of 2.5-3 gallons PER DAY. I am impressed. 


One of our humidifiers; she doesn't look very exciting, but collecting a gallon of water so our apartment is more bearable to live in is something I am excited about.

One of the benefits of living in this climate is the access to fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers.....



TA-DA!  Lilies bought by the lovely Ms. H. I am so in love with our housekeeper.

So, am I saying you should not come here? No, I am only saying: be prepared for the humidity. Be prepared to be impressed, be prepared to eat a lot of good food, be prepared to fall in love with Ha Noi, I know we are!



No comments:

Post a Comment