Thursday, January 24, 2013

For my Broski, with Love

Three months ago, I got an email with a picture attached:

"This... is food. I have yet to see any food I would eat on your blog. Hope all is well. Love, j"


These are delicious pizza bagels, made by my brother aka #1blogfan J

I have heard these same words from many people in my friends and family circles. 
However, there is a lot of American food available in Hanoi. 
Last night, I went to a steakhouse that J would approve of: Jackson's Steakhouse
They serve Australian beef and it's pretty delicious.


Delish calamari, J would not like this, sorry, but I loved it


Sesame crusted tuna, sorry again J, I promise I am getting to food you like!


BAM! 
Grilled tenderloin with hashbrowns! 
J, have you booked your flight yet??


Pepper steak with bacon wrapped green beans and mashed potatoes
This was my dinner, it was ah-mazing, and I took half of it home for Hubs, which he appreciated


Atlantic salmon, not brother approved, 
but another delicious western option for the other skeptics out there


Since it was my first time at Jackson's, and I went with some friends who are regulars there, they made us Crepes Suzette, on the house!


Crepes suzette, the perfect balance of fresh fruit and sugary goodness

So, there you have it friends and family;
a deliciously western meal in the middle of SE Asia.
Does it make any of you out there more inclined to visit?

On a sidenote:
my brother is a very handsome eligible bachelor, 
with excellent humor and taste,
who is looking for a special lady: 
All interested parties can email nicole.lea.schirm@gmail.com


I LOVE YOU BROSKI!





2 comments:

  1. That all looks yummy! And there's something to be said for a guy who doesn't like calamari... I mean, I married a guy who likes it as much as I do, then he gave me two kids who love it too, so these days, appetizers can be a contact sport...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy. Thanks for the tasty post

    ReplyDelete